emergency!!!! cat attack!!!

camchick

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 22, 2011
Help!!! Cat just got two of my girls. There's a bit of blood and they are a bit shaken up. One doesn't look so great either. Any advice would be great

Blu-kote or Quick Stop for the bleeding.

The vet told me to keep them warm with supplemental heat so they can use their energy for healing rather than heating.

Thanx guys. I got them in a breeding cage in my hallway now so they will be warm and safe. They didn't bleed for long so hopefully all is well... Time will tell

seriously, get some anitbiotics in the birds. Cat bites are NASTY bad and can get deadly infected fast!!

I'm pretty sure they didn't get bitten by the cat. It looks like the cat got its paw through the mesh on my aviary. The holes are too small for anything else to get in. When I went out there the cat was sat with its paw in the one of the gaps. But its good to know about cat bites for future reference.

All you guys are great. Thanx for your support

This would be the next thing I was looking at.
old.gif

81617_cat-in-crosshairs01.jpg

Quote:
Antibiotics should still be given, cats groom with their paws and regularly lick them essentially coating them with a nice heaping helping of bacteria. Infection from injuries caused by cats in humans is often called cat scratch fever for a reason.

Back
Top Bottom