Quail attacked by another quail

Hi, you were right. There are 4 males and 8 females. 3 of the 4 males have injuries. (I separated them out.) Is it safe to assume that the aggressor is the male without any injuries? He's not even the largest. If I'm breeding for meat and eggs, should just the largest, injured males be retained?
The aggressor is probably the male without injuries, but that doesn't mean that the others weren't fighting too.

Pick the male that has the characteristics that you want. Since you're breeding for meat, I would keep the biggest.

Hi, you were right. There are 4 males and 8 females. 3 of the 4 males have injuries. (I separated them out.) Is it safe to assume that the aggressor is the male without any injuries? He's not even the largest. If I'm breeding for meat and eggs, should just the largest, injured males be retained?
Looks like you have already gotten some good advice. As @Nabiki stated I would keep the birds with the traits you are looking for, I would not keep the aggressor even if he was the biggest male. I would keep the largest less aggressive birds for your breeders.

Back
Top Bottom