EMERGENCY!! CHICKEN ATTACKED BY FOX

Jun 21, 2017
EVERYONE, PLEASE GIVE ADVICE!

I looked out the window and saw a fox trying to attack my rooster. I quickly ran outside and scared the fox away. I went looking for the remaining hens and i found one of them lying down with blood dripping out of her mouth. She also had a blood wound on her back (I think near her lungs). She was still alive and as I picked her up, she started to flutter her wings in distress to be put on the ground. As I set her down, she became very still but was still breathing slowly, with her mouth open. When we thought she was dead, we buried her but then I searched that you shouldn't bury a chicken because they might still be in shock. I went back and got her out from the soil and she was very still, eyes closed and hard/heavy. I applied medicine in her wound, but I don't know what else to do.I don't know if she is in shock or not. Please don't give me any hate/bad replies because this is very hard for me right now, please. Just please leave any advice down below. Anything at this point will be a huge help. Thank you in advance.

I am so so sorry. Put a mirror in front of her nose and beak to see if she’s breathing. It will fog. I am sorry for this as well, but if she is dead she will slowly become stiff and cold. How long was she in the ground?

Back
Top Bottom