EMERGENCY! Chicken sick, I don't want to lose her!

anjirocool

Hatching
May 7, 2015
I noticed one of my hens standing lethargically today, leaking poop. I gave her a bath and let her sit outside of the run in the shade, since today was a hot day. She wouldn't eat or drink.
I felt her crop and it felt hard, almost like there was a bone running down it. It's strangely not the entire crop, but just one solid square-ish piece going up and down. I haven't found anything online about crops being that shape. I used an eyedropper to give her some water, mixed with an electrolyte powder made for chickens.
She had a hard time staying awake, and her eyes were bloodshot when they did open. She didn't move from where we set her.
After about an hour, she lightly fell over and started sleeping on her side. I put her in a cage inside my house, with hay for comfort, plus food and water bowls (though she won't eat or drink).
She's just laying awkwardly and breathing heavily with her eyes closed. I don't know what to do. Please help me, I don't want to lose another one of my girls.

Regretfully, Beyoncé passed away about 30 minutes ago. I'm still very shook up. Waiting for the paint to dry on a box so I can bury her properly.

Rest in peace, Beyoncé, you were my favorite pet.

I'm sorry that you lost your precious Beyoncé.....at least she didn't suffer long. I'm dealing with an 8wk silkie with wry neck. It's heart breaking to see her so scared. This is day 10....praying for a miracle.
1f622.png

I have a 3 mo.old hen gold lace wyndott.she keeps opening and closing her beak and stretching her neck,she sounds wheezy and she is still eating and drinking I've isolated her but she sits on the ground and closes her eyes.when she stretches her neck she closes her eyes also.pls help she is my baby

Back
Top Bottom