1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

emergency...dog "attack"

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by sunket77, Apr 30, 2011.

1. sunket77

sunket77 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2009
    Texas Hill Country!
    please help! my slikie run was unlatched and my dog got one of my banty cochins she is missing feathers almost all over and she has a few bite marks, I am almost certain she wasn"t shaken and doesn't seem to have any broken bones but she has open wounds and I need to know whats safe to put on them. They need to be cleaned is peroxide ok? I am not even sure if I have any neosporen PLEASE HELP! I have wrapped in a towl in the house to keep her warm, she just seems very traumatized and hanging on. [​IMG]

2. schellie69

schellie69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2009
    Kansas
    Wash the wounds dry and place some antibiotic cream without pain relief put her in a dark warm place with food and water keep the wounds clean and dry.

3. sunket77

May 21, 2009
    Texas Hill Country!
    wash them with water? soap and water? thanks so much

4. birdmomma

birdmomma Out Of The Brooder

Aug 22, 2010
    Loveland, OH
    There's another thread going on for the same issue - lots of good suggestions! Hope she gets well fast!

5. sunket77

May 21, 2009
    Texas Hill Country!
    I have duramycin-10 (tetracycline hydrochloride soluble powder) will that help her? if so I am trying to figure out how to measure it it says 400mg to one gallon I don't know how many teaspoons that is

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by