!!EMERGENCY!! DYING BIRD!!

It sounds like a heart issue. :hugs I hope it's not but I'm so sorry if it is.
She's still alive, her breathing is quiet loud, sounds like she's snoring. I'm laying on the floor next to her and can hear it quiet clearly. Is there really nothing to be done ?

She's still alive, her breathing is quiet loud, sounds like she's snoring. I'm laying on the floor next to her and can hear it quiet clearly. Is there really nothing to be done ?
I'm not a vet so I really can't say. You are doing the best, kindest thing you can do by keeping her comfortable. I could be completely wrong and she could recover. I'm just going by what you are saying about her symptoms and the color of her comb. You have my support and here's a virtual hug ((((( :hugs ))))

This is her as of now, she's breathing quiet heavily and sometimes it sounds like snoring, she shook her head quiet violently a few minutes ago but immediately returned to laying down. I don't know what to do, or if she's choking, I can't get her to drink.
20201012_104137.jpg

I've had a few birds that are lethargic, they gasp and just all around don't look good but they have good color, they eat and drink and I'm trying to get tylosin for them. This girl in specific didn't have any issues at all, she was perfectly fine yesterday, her usual spirited self. None of them have done this. This happened very quick and have reason to believe it happened just this morning, is there really nothing I can do?
Do you have nearby neighbors with kids? Just wondering about possible poisoning. So many mean and wicked amongst us these days.

Do you have nearby neighbors with kids? Just wondering about possible poisoning. So many mean and wicked amongst us these days.
I have neighbors I'm currently in a property feud with, they have a few trailer tenants, but Im not sure about poison. My chickens never go near the area that could be poisoned, and this happened quiet suddenly. When she wakes, shes wobbly, and I've noticed her neck is hunched forward in an award position.

This is her as of now, she's breathing quiet heavily and sometimes it sounds like snoring, she shook her head quiet violently a few minutes ago but immediately returned to laying down. I don't know what to do, or if she's choking, I can't get her to drink.View attachment 2370390
I’m so sorry about your chicken, it looks like she has a heart issue. She probably won’t make it. It’s so sad to see a chicken be so sick and especially hard to lose one. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom