!!EMERGENCY!! DYING BIRD!!

I have neighbors I'm currently in a property feud with, they have a few trailer tenants, but Im not sure about poison. My chickens never go near the area that could be poisoned, and this happened quiet suddenly. When she wakes, shes wobbly, and I've noticed her neck is hunched forward in an award position.
Get a camera. I think anything is possible these days. So many demoniacs.

I’m so sorry about your chicken, it looks like she has a heart issue. She probably won’t make it. It’s so sad to see a chicken be so sick and especially hard to lose one. :hugs
I'll continue to comfort her and aid her in any way I can, thanks for the help. This is truly heartbreaking, her name is Gaemi, she's such a sweet girl.

I know this is so hard for you. Just continue what you are doing. I am not an expert, but am a nurse. Sounds like heart issue if crop is clear. I know it sounds like a cliche, but these things do happen with animals - and people. Find comfort in knowing she has had a good life with you and her flock and that you have done a good job taking care of her.

I know this is so hard for you. Just continue what you are doing. I am not an expert, but am a nurse. Sounds like heart issue if crop is clear. I know it sounds like a cliche, but these things do happen with animals - and people. Find comfort in knowing she has had a good life with you and her flock and that you have done a good job taking care of her.
I tried to clear her crop, since it was the first thing I thought, and it's not clearing. It's not hard, but it's not soft, either, kinda in between, I can move the stuff around but it won't empty, and I can't get her to drink any oil (I've heard that helps break it up) it's not super full, a little smaller then golfball sized I'd say

I had a rooster who this happened to a few years ago and I took him to the vet because he was special to us and turned out it was something to do with his heart I cannot remember exactly something with blood restriction. Not sure the word they used. If I find the paper I will send info. His comb was often purple too and showing the same symptoms. There was nothing we could do but comfort him until a week later he passed away. I think his body was just shutting down and he knew it.

If it makes you feel any better.. I lost a chicken to a fox or a neighbor’s dog... her name was Millie and she was so sweet and I miss her sooo much. I hope your chicken can get better.

Back
Top Bottom