!!EMERGENCY!! DYING BIRD!!

@shailey, is she the one in your avatar? I ask because the one in your avatar looks like it might have ocular (eye) Marek's, and if they have ocular Marek's, they probably have the one that affects the organs too, which would explain the symptoms you are seeing.

@shailey, is she the one in your avatar? I ask because the one in your avatar looks like it might have ocular (eye) Marek's, and if they have ocular Marek's, they probably have the one that affects the organs too, which would explain the symptoms you are seeing.
No, she's not. What are the symptoms associated with that, though ?

There are so many, hard to list all of them. Your sick one is a barred rock? Any idea how much she weighs? Has she lost weight?
She is. She's one of my heavier birds but she does seem to have lost some weight, I'd say 5-6 pounds maybe ? Possibly less, not 100% on that. Her pupils are huge, she has labored breathing, and everytime she wakes up/ becomes aware again, she tries to get to the back of the cage, but it doesn't look like she can walk at all. I help her, but it's so hard to watch, she stumbles face-first like a new chick.

She is. She's one of my heavier birds but she does seem to have lost some weight, I'd say 5-6 pounds maybe ? Possibly less, not 100% on that. Her pupils are huge, she has labored breathing, and everytime she wakes up/ becomes aware again, she tries to get to the back of the cage, but it doesn't look like she can walk at all. I help her, but it's so hard to watch, she stumbles face-first like a new chick.
Her little legs and feet are warm but curled underneath her, her body feels hard. I think she dying, I don't think there's anything I can do. Any idea if this could be spread to my other girls...?

She might try some charcoal if she can administer it somehow?
I don't think I could get her to take it. She's slowing down, her breathing has gotten to be a slower, click like thing. Like she flinches halfway between each breath

Back
Top Bottom