Here is a picture of my beautiful new Australorp chick, Charolette. She did not have the easiest time hatching herself out the other day. She had made a pip and for more than 12 hours, she did not progress at all. I finally noticed that she was upside down in her egg and could not move one bit in order for her to start and complete the zipping process. After a few more hours of letting her be, I decided to do an egg-section (kinda like a c-section ). I thought that maybe I will just help her out a little, but still, she was not able to move. Then came the slow task of peeling back the eggshell completely, wetting the top membrane and slowly peeling it back. Then I gently peeled back the thin membrane with the veins attached to it.....after about a good 20 minutes, I had a baby chick in my hands!!!! I laid her to rest in the incubator with my fingers crossed and hoping that she would be fine. After 6 hours of drying, she was fumbling around in her incubator. YAY!!!! I DID IT!!!! Now at Day 2, she has her own little box in the bathroom. I tried giving her to a broody hen with another baby chick, but that did not go so well. She knows my hands and quiets down when I am near. She also has a stuffed Angel Teddy Bear in with her, so she can snuggle up to something when she is tired. Well, I guess she will never become dinner now Here is my new baby chick, Charolette (I believe it is a girl)!