Emergency, Egg Shell Stuck in Vent (Graphic Pictures)

Does she have any lice or mites?

The crop should be checked first thing before she's had anything to eat/drink, it should be empty/flat.
Side bar:

With the intermittent foam in the eyes...shaking head...
Eye worms?

You're upper faculty level in chicken matters, are you still convinced this is MG? I'm not. But I've never seen a confirmed case of eye worm.

She's definitely got multiple issues going on. I'm thinking a parasitic is definitely in order, but which one? Most can't be mixed and none treat everything.

Does she have any lice or mites?

The crop should be checked first thing before she's had anything to eat/drink, it should be empty/flat.
I'll try first thing early in the morning, she scratches maybe once or so a day. I never checked inside her ears to witrha Q-Tip, but from all the other spots, including her bald back I don't see anything moving.

Can we get a close up of her head. Both sides, get her when her eyes are open if possible.

Side bar:

Eye worms?

You're upper faculty level in chicken matters, are you still convinced this is MG? I'm not. But I've never seen a confirmed case of eye worm.

She's definitely got multiple issues going on. I'm thinking a parasitic is definitely in order, but which one? Most can't be mixed and none treat everything.
I used Vetericyn pink eye at first for a couple days for the bubbles/foam. Didn't see improvement.... Indeed the poor animal has more than one issues and I try with your advices to give her a hand. I'm far from an expert, that's my 2nd year chicken raising. I was thinking about eye worm too but like I said I have zero experience to these matters.

Last edited:
Side bar:

Eye worms?

The shaking got better, meaining back to shake less, this is the close up video. The left side of the face is the one with the bubbly eye.

The shaking got better, meaining back to shake less, this is the close up video. The left side of the face is the one with the bubbly eye.
There is zero sign of infection in that birds eyes.

Her crop is lumpy....it didn't clear last night?

She's having issues laying, prolapsed vent, soft shell eggs and blood.

Diahrea

Occasionally has foam in her eyes.

Missing feathers on her lower back.

Isn't eating much.

Lethargic

Occasionally has bouts of vigorous head shaking.

Anything else I'm missing as far as symptoms and unusual behaviors?

Does she have a red rash on her belly?

I gave her a few mealworms since she wasn't very hungry, and after she ate a few she pooped on the rest. The ones in her poop looked very liquidy to be some kind of worm. At least to me.
Her eyes are not sick...at all.

What exactly have you been feeding her?

I used Vetericyn pink eye at first for a couple days for the bubbles/foam. Didn't see improvement.... Indeed the poor animal has more than one issues and I try with your advices to give her a hand. I'm far from an expert, that's my 2nd year chicken raising. I was thinking about eye worm too but like I said I have zero experience to these matters.

Well, I did learn that eye worms aren't inside the eyeball, they are under the eyelids at the corner. I don't see anything in your video.

I'm learning towards mites. But I don't see anything in the video that points to mites.

There is zero sign of infection in that birds eyes.

Her crop is lumpy....it didn't clear last night?

She's having issues laying, prolapsed vent, soft shell eggs and blood.

Diahrea

Occasionally has foam in her eyes.

Missing feathers on her lower back.

Isn't eating much.

Lethargic

Occasionally has bouts of vigorous head shaking.

Anything else I'm missing as far as symptoms and unusual behaviors?

Does she have a red rash on her belly?
Her head usually shakes but not as bad as the previous video. Her crop ideed felt soft and squishy today and tomorrow before eat/drink I ll check again, all the issues you wrote yes. I didn't check for red rash on her belly, I will in about an hour and let you know.

Her eyes are not sick...at all.

What exactly have you been feeding her?
She eats Organic feed crumbles 16%, organic morning breakfast scratch, corn, wheats,barley,oat,peas. Mealworms daily, yogurt twice a week and some watermelon snacking twice a week. Also electrolytes and probiotics and accidifiers in their water, and 2 days now water with a tbs apple cider vinegar.

She eats Organic feed crumbles 16%, organic morning breakfast scratch, corn, wheats,barley,oat,peas. Mealworms daily, yogurt twice a week and some watermelon snacking twice a week.
I highly recommend that you stop feeding all of this except for the 16% crumble.

Feeding all of these extras, especially the scratch, corn, oats and mealworms can cause her to have reproductive issues.

Back
Top Bottom