Emergency Hatcher Making......Questions.... Miss Prissy......

lockedhearts

It's All About Chicken Math
12 Years
Apr 29, 2007
Georgia
I feel the need to make an emergency hatcher due to staggared hatches and my current hatch running behind schedule.
I get the basics of you Bator and I have a styrofoam cooler and can easily pick up the rest of the items. Just wondering if the 25W bulb is enough or should I try to come up with something else? Did the bulb keep your temp about like a still air? I am probably worrying myself for no reason and should just shut up and build it.
I am hoping to assemble tomorrow and move my eggs Sunday.

Help Advice Apprecisted.

I am using a 40 watt in my MissPrissy bator. Sometimes I think I could even use a 60 watt but haven't tried that yet.
Good luck
thumbsup.gif

~Rebecca

Thats what I was wondering since a 25W doesn;t seem like it would put out enough heat.
I think I will get a 40 and see how that does.

I say, sometimes I think you and me are on the same brain wave length. I'm working on making a styrofoam hatcher for my staggered hatches too!
big_smile.png
Good luck, we did buy 25 watts per Miss Prissy's site too. Thanks Miss Prissy!

And What Wave length is that????? Hatching too many eggs cause we are addicted ??
lau.gif

I try to plan my hatches so I have a good day in between to quickly clean the hatcher, refil the water and let it stabilize. These stinkin Favorelle and Cochin eggs are making me nuts!!!
barnie.gif

I use 25s or 40s in mine, just depends on what I have on hand. Both work just as well.
smile.png

Quote:
Oh, poo! We know you love it. I'm thinking a lot about bators these days. To buy or build, hmmm?

I bought a HovaBator FOrced Air with Turner off Ebay, that worked until I realized I could hatch eggs quicker if I did staggared hatches and got a hatcher to hatch them in. I bought a HovaBator still air. All has been fine if not a bit crazy until these lazy chickens have taken until Day 23 to get a move on.
Looks like while Don is finishing the fence between coop #2 & #3 tomorrow I will be putting a hatcher together so my other eggs don't start popping in the bator.

Besides I need to set the 30 eggs I got yesterday as well...

Quote:
Oh, poo! We know you love it. I'm thinking a lot about bators these days. To buy or build, hmmm?

Definitely cheaper to build I think. I am trying to make one from a site I found on the web (before I joined BYC), and even though I have had to go back and get different things to make it work differently, it is still cheaper than the LG i bought!! I think it would probably be more rewarding, not only are YOU the one hatching the eggs, but they are hatching in something that YOU made!!!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom