Emergency-hatching issue in progress

Minky

Crowing
6 Years
Nov 4, 2017
Ontario
My 2nd time incubating.
Most chicks are out.
I have 4 from one certain breed (bought eggs) that pipped early this morning but have made no progress, so at 3pm, I made a safety hole where they pipped and broke the membrane too. then chipped away a bit of shell. 3 hours later and they are not doing anything. their beaks are moving and they are chirping but no progress. I decided to slowly peel away shell off the top (air space) and I see that the membrane is dry and strong (although humidity is 74%).
If I peel membrane off chick, it will not be good... shall I leave longer? shall I use vaseline or coconut oil?

Please help

My 2nd time incubating.
Most chicks are out.
I have 4 from one certain breed (bought eggs) that pipped early this morning but have made no progress, so at 3pm, I made a safety hole where they pipped and broke the membrane too. then chipped away a bit of shell. 3 hours later and they are not doing anything. their beaks are moving and they are chirping but no progress. I decided to slowly peel away shell off the top (air space) and I see that the membrane is dry and strong (although humidity is 74%).
If I peel membrane off chick, it will not be good... shall I leave longer? shall I use vaseline or coconut oil?

Please help
I am so so sorry I wish I could help but I’m having a similar issue! Mine pipped early and now there is blood! Idk what to do! I’m so sorry again I wish I could help

I am so so sorry I wish I could help but I’m having a similar issue! Mine pipped early and now there is blood! Idk what to do! I’m so sorry again I wish I could help
yes it seems like they pipped too early, exactly... there is some blood here too but not too much. I got one out by smearing organic coconut oil on the membrane, then I just sort of released him. I put him back in the incubator. I think he will be okay. but its interetsing to me that the 4 are all from speckled Sussex eggs that I bought from a neighbour. the shells seemed to be really hard.

Back
Top Bottom