Emergency Help ASAP My hen is VERY ill

I'm so sorry for your loss. Yes, some of them just needed to go. Sounds like the ending was peaceful at least.
hugs.gif
sad.png

Sorry for your loss. Have you thought about the cause possibly being Mareks diease? Some chickens will waste away with it, some lose balance, and some an die suddenly. I hope you can figure out the problem, and always remember you can get your chiocken necropsied after death by the state vet. They sometimes will euthanize a sick chicken before a necropsy, too.

Oh no im very very sorry you lost her! I also recently lost my favorite hen.its always difficult to loose a beloved pet. Was she displaying any other symptoms that you can think of before she passed? Any clues at all? Problem is chickens are masters in hiding illness and a lot of times by the time we notice they are truely ill its often too late sadly...there are not enough clues for me to begin to guess what happened with her. To be on the safe side I would watch my other chickens very closely making sure that what ever she had is not going through the flock.look for any clues that are not normal behavior. Espically listen for any wheezing or coughing or sneezing. Watch their tails if the tail bobs when they breathe they are likely having a difficult time breathing. Look for any mucus. If any start becoming lethargic I would separate them immediately. Again im very sorry for the loss of your bird.

Back
Top Bottom