Emergency Help!!!!! my baby goat has curled hoves when born!!what do I do

Can you straighten the foot out by hand? If not it has contracted tendons. Just keep gently trying to straighten the ankle out several times a day to stretch the tendons. If the joint is flexible, give the kid a shot of BoSe. BoSe will help muscles strength and would be a good idea in any case. Your kid should recover in a few days.

whenever I strech it he screams and its been about 4 days since he was born
I agree with the advice to call the vet.

Or, if you were planning to raise the kid for meat, you could just butcher it now and save the vet fee and the extra care. Of course it's small, but probably not any smaller than a rabbit or chicken would be.

whenever I strech it he screams and its been about 4 days since he was born
You are going to have to keep at it if there is any hope at all of recovery. Don't stretch so hard. If he screams you are stretching too hard. Easy does it. Just do it several times a day. That is important. If there isn't any improvement after a few days I don't know what to tell you other than I have stretched out some pretty contracted tendons but it took a while. It would be interesting to see what the vet has to say. It may be something more serious than contracted tendons.

Back
Top Bottom