Emergency issue with my chicken

Sandyyyyyyy

Chirping
Aug 8, 2018
Illinois
I need help please. I’ve had chickens for seven years and I’ve never seen anything like this. I’m afraid I’m gonna lose her. I’ve been trying to take care of her with warm water and soap compresses I’ve use Q-tips to dig some of the maggots out because she has accumulated maggots. I don’t know if that’s what started this. I noticed her butt was dirty so I picked her up the cleaner and saw this. Is this anything that I can do with a home remedy or should I take her to the vet are chickens are used for eggs only I’ve only had four or five at a time right now I’m down to two these are more pets than anything. We love them so much please help.

Attachments

• IMG_2249.jpeg
    IMG_2249.jpeg
    390.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2248.jpeg
    IMG_2248.jpeg
    369.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2247.jpeg
    IMG_2247.jpeg
    350.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2246.jpeg
    IMG_2246.jpeg
    403.8 KB · Views: 8
Hi everybody, I just wanted to give an update on cream. We have a cookie and cream Purfly strike is getting better the whole starting to close the maggots have been old destroyed I cleaned Hi everybody, I just wanted to give a update on cream. We have a cookie and a cream. Her fly strike is getting better. The hole is starting to close the maggots have been all destroyed. I cleaned it out with peroxide and got the maggots out with q-tips and now that that has all been cleared up. I’ve been putting Neosporin on it. She’s been inside and my dog kennel cage since this happened and I will probably keep her there till the hole gets smaller. Thank you so much you save my chicken, my baby❤️🙏🏻

Hi everybody, I just wanted to give an update on cream. We have a cookie and cream Purfly strike is getting better the whole starting to close the maggots have been old destroyed I cleaned Hi everybody, I just wanted to give a update on cream. We have a cookie and a cream. Her fly strike is getting better. The hole is starting to close the maggots have been all destroyed. I cleaned it out with peroxide and got the maggots out with q-tips and now that that has all been cleared up. I’ve been putting Neosporin on it. She’s been inside and my dog kennel cage since this happened and I will probably keep her there till the hole gets smaller. Thank you so much you save my chicken, my baby❤️🙏🏻
Amazing! So glad she's doing well and healing up nicely! 😊

Back
Top Bottom