Emergency Please Help!!!!

tnchickymomma

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 7, 2014
Philadelphia, TN
Have a sick 6mth old Polish, been about a week. She has not had an easy go of things, being the only Polish in a flock of big bossy girls. She has suffered bullying and had a bald spot picked on her head. We tried to resolve that situation with no success and decided to rehome her. Before we could, she fell ill. Lethargic, droopy wings and tail, diarrhea, not eating but is drinking. Initial thought was egg bound, treated as such for 3 days with calcium, warm soaks and massage. No egg. She gets water everyday laced with electrolytes, probiotics, and vitamin B12. I periodically give it to her in a dropper throughout the day to make sure she gets enough. Keep feed in with her constantly as well as yogurt and boiled egg. Have tried hand feeding her these as well as bird seed, mealworms, and feed soaked in buttermilk. Out of desperation gave her a couple droppers of milk. Keeping her head clean and applying Neosporin. Ordered Safeguard liquid goat wormer, Tylan for antibiotic, and Corid for possible coccidiosis. Received Safeguard yesterday and gave her a dose, got Tylan today and went in to give her a dose and didn't like what I saw. Her head is shaking in a nonstop tremor like she has Parkinson's, and also nodding, slowly down then back up quick. She also isn't opening her eyes. But did respond to the dropper of water and drank. Please, I will take any suggestions I am desperate. Only thing left in my arsenal is Corid when it comes in tomorrow. I am more worried about her starving than anything right now. Can you force feed a chicken? HELP!

She just passed
1f62a.png

Back
Top Bottom