EMERGENCY - Pregnancy Craving

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by kris41, Mar 10, 2009.

1. kris41

kris41 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 26, 2008
    Maine
    OK, So I haven't had any major cravings yet, until today! Now I NEED baked custard. Of course, I can't find a recipe when I need it. Anyone have a good one? Thanks in advance.

Kristie

2. DuckLady

DuckLady ~~~Administrator~~~BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    NE Washington State
    Do you mean a sweet? Like a rice pudding or something?
    Or a pumpkin pie?
    I have a quiche ready to go in the oven.

3. Picky Chicky

Picky Chicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2008
    Holly Grove, VA
    Wow, I don't think I've ever had baked custard. I know there's a guy down the street that sells the best ever frozen custard - the real stuff, not the fake crap.

When I was pregnant, my biggest craving was Krystal burgers. Of course there isn't any Krystal burger places within a reasonable drive - let alone the state of Virginia. So I practically kissed a friend of mine who brought me back a 'sackful' from her trip to Tennessee... that cured my Krystal cravings for the rest of the pregnancy - the sackful was cold and didn't settle right. [​IMG]

Good luck finding and solving that craving of yours! [​IMG]

4. kris41

Jun 26, 2008
    Maine
    Like Flan without the caramel. It is a regular for holidays, but it is in a pie. I just want it baked with a little nutmeg on top. yum, yum. I know it is eggs, milk, and sugar and vanilla, I just don't know the amounts and I can't get ahold of my mom today. [​IMG] poor me. I guess I will have to wait until morning.

I have never heard of a krystal burger. I haven't eaten fast food since before daughter #1 was born, 3 years ago. Just the thought turns my stomach. Pregnancy makes you love & hate the wierdest things.

Kristie

5. Picky Chicky

Picky Chicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2008
    Holly Grove, VA
    Quote:[​IMG] How could you not know about the deliciousness (is that a word?) that is the Krystal Burger?!

Krystal burgers are like White Castle is to the North... and then there's Burger King (yuck [​IMG] )... they're trying their hand and mini burgers. And a lot of restaurants are coming out with their own minis that they call Sliders... funny thing is, that's what we called Krystal Burgers (when I lived in TN)... you eat them, they go down, they slide out. Ok, that was kind of gross and overly descriptive, but they are yummy treats! [​IMG]

6. cherig22

cherig22 Green Fields Farm

Sep 2, 2008
    SW Missouri
  7. cherig22

cherig22 Green Fields Farm

Sep 2, 2008
    SW Missouri
  8. Msbear

Msbear Fancy Banties

May 8, 2008
    Sharpsburg, MD.
    mmmm, flan [​IMG]

Im 14 wks and cannot do sweets right now [​IMG] I have two things of ice cream in the fridge that hasn't even been touch.. That just ain't right.

I've been craving subs [​IMG] and cheeseburgers!!! Im usually a pretty healthy eater but I've been really sick with this one and a cheeseburger is just about the only thing that gives me relief... until the indigestion kicks in and the [​IMG]

9. kris41

Jun 26, 2008
    Maine
    Thank you so much Cheri. I am going to make this right now so it will be ready to eat first thing in the morning. Good breakfast, huh?

I wasn't too worried about the arm ad. I think that this custard will find other places on my body to settle.

Sweets are my weekness right now. Mostly pudding, jello, and cadbury creme eggs.

Thanks and I will let you know how it turns out.

Kristie

10. Momma_Cluck

Momma_Cluck Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2008
    N. West Michigan
    Easy smeasy..
    6 beaten eggs
    1/4 cup of sugar (or more if you like it sweeter)
    1 quart of milk
    pinch of salt

Whir it with the blender or mixer or whisk...
    pour into a glass baking dish. Sprinkle with Nutmeg (or cinnamon if you like that better)

Preheat the oven to 300f

set the glass dish into a larger baking pan with enough warm water in it to come about 1/2 way up the glass pan, but not "boil over" from its pan.

BAke at 300f until a knife comes out clean when inserted in the center-- usually about an hour.

Its as close to a written "recipe" I have-- I just been making it the way My Grandma From SC showed me when I was about 14!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by