EMERGENCY respiratory infection

TinyRaptorDodos

Crowing
May 23, 2021
Wasilla, Alaska
How can I treat this infection without Tiagard? I can’t find Tiagard anywhere locally and shipping here takes 3 days-2 weeks. They also have cocci so they’re also taking corid. I’m hoping that’s all they have

And are their eggs safe to eat?

Also is this eye ointment okay for them? I read it was but google is 50/50. They’re locked out of their coop until my health is stable enough to fully clean and sanitize the coop. The eyes have only happened to 3 of my chickens and thankfully it’s only one eye

Attachments

• IMG_1801.jpeg
    IMG_1801.jpeg
    321.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1802.jpeg
    IMG_1802.jpeg
    287.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1743.jpeg
    IMG_1743.jpeg
    398.8 KB · Views: 2
Do you have Tylosin powder or Tylan? Denagard is the same as TiaGard. Can you get that locally for pigs? Are seeing bubbles or foam in the eye or swelling of the face or eyelid? I would clean the eye with saline and apply the Erythromycin ointment to the eye 2 times a day after cleaning. It is pretty similar to Terramycin.

Do you have Tylosin powder or Tylan? Denagard is the same as TiaGard. Can you get that locally for pigs? Are seeing bubbles or foam in the eye or swelling of the face or eyelid? I would clean the eye with saline and apply the Erythromycin ointment to the eye 2 times a day after cleaning. It is pretty similar to Terramycin.
Bubbles.
I can check a farm store that had a ton of sheep and horse medicine, they might have pig too! I’ve never even seen those other too. I’ll call around and ask about it.
I don’t have saline other then spray for my piercing but I have a dog eye wash I can use! (The second chicken is a much more severe case, she has cankers as well. But she’s the only one I have pictures of the open eye bubbles)

Attachments

• IMG_1743.jpeg
    IMG_1743.jpeg
    398.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1754.jpeg
    IMG_1754.jpeg
    353 KB · Views: 1
Tylan is an injectable cattle antibiotic. Tylosin is the generic powder for water, and is available online at some pigeon sites. You may have to get antibiotics from a vet because most are prescription only. You can in the meantime try to express pus from the sinus, and clean the eye twice a day and apply ointment. I use Neosporin or triple antibiotic if I don’t have Terramycin or Emycin. Here is where to find Tylosin powder, and dosage is 1 tsp per gallon of water for 5 days:
https://birdpalproducts.com/products/tylosin-powder-for-birds

As for canker, does the beak smell bad? Can you get a picture of any yellow material inside the beak. Metronidazole (Flagyl) or AquaZole treats it.

Tylan is an injectable cattle antibiotic. Tylosin is the generic powder for water, and is available online at some pigeon sites. You may have to get antibiotics from a vet because most are prescription only. You can in the meantime try to express pus from the sinus, and clean the eye twice a day and apply ointment. I use Neosporin or triple antibiotic if I don’t have Terramycin or Emycin. Here is where to find Tylosin powder, and dosage is 1 tsp per gallon of water for 5 days:
https://birdpalproducts.com/products/tylosin-powder-for-birds

As for canker, does the beak smell bad? Can you get a picture of any yellow material inside the beak. Metronidazole (Flagyl) or AquaZole treats it.
We can’t afford the vet here, it’s 100$ just to drop a chicken off…
Fastest shipping I can get here will take usually 5 days but sometimes I’ll get lucky with 3 days. I’ll try to find those once I can.

The canker one I’m either having euthanized or rehomed to someone who can care for her, I’m in a really bad medical state and can’t be caring for her. She’s lost a TON of weight and can’t eat anything, hasn’t been able to in probably about a week :( but if I find someone who can care for her properly I’ll let them know!

Back
Top Bottom