Emergency, sudden duckling paralysis!

americanchicks

Songster
11 Years
Jun 26, 2012
Buckley, Wa
Hey all.
So we have a 3 week old call duckling we hatched or selves. Last week we picked up 3 more call ducklings from a breeder. Our hatched duckling was strong and healthy just yesterday. Now is stretching his legs back, can't walk, and now can't hold his head. Has access to niacin in the feed also yeast added to feed a few times a week. Concerning because we had a call duckling die that came from the breeder a few days ago. I wasn't there but my daughter says it was simular to what is happening now. I have noticed one of the breeders ducklings eyes are runny all the time. Now the sick duckling has runny eyes too.

Any idea the cause? My biggest concern is the breeders duckling brought in something. I breed welsh harlequins and have some babies with the call ducklings. I even sold a pair of welsh on Saturday but they where strong and healthy.

I hope that some duck experts will chime in. I will tag @Miss Lydia and @Isaac 0 for advice. Is there any possibility of botulism or mold in feed? You may want to give the sick one a half tablet daily of human b complex tablet or the liquid type from a feed store.

Back
Top Bottom