EMERGENCY SUFFOCATING CHICKEN

So she doesn't have gapeworm? Could it be allergies? Can you even give a chicken something for allergies? Do you have anymore of the antibiotics left from her last episode?

So she doesn't have gapeworm? Could it be allergies? Can you even give a chicken something for allergies?
I read in a book that chickens can't have allergies. Because once my rooster was sneezing, and I thought he could have allergies, but then I read that. And x2 on the Do you have anymore of the antibiotics left from her last episode?

Ducclelover10, While it's true that chickens don't have receptors for allergens that humans have (pollen,cats,ect) they are very sensitive to air quality. Their airways are easily damaged by things like ammonia ,car exhaust, ozone, smoke and industrial pollutants.

It may help her make it through the night if you can bring her inside into air conditioning. If you have an air filter I would put her in a room with it. It may help enough to keep her going.

I have a BO, Henly, that has marginal breathing. She almost made a trip inside today as the ozone levels went into the "dangerous to sensitive" range. She was breathing with her mouth open but didn't get to the wheezing,heaving barking range.

Once they have an injury to their lungs or airsacs it takes less to set off an attack and it's easier for infections to set in.

I will add your girl to the nightly prayers (and you too) Lora

Ducclelover10, While it's true that chickens don't have receptors for allergens that humans have (pollen,cats,ect) they are very sensitive to air quality. Their airways are easily damaged by things like ammonia ,car exhaust, ozone, smoke and industrial pollutants.

It may help her make it through the night if you can bring her inside into air conditioning. If you have an air filter I would put her in a room with it. It may help enough to keep her going.

I have a BO, Henly, that has marginal breathing. She almost made a trip inside today as the ozone levels went into the "dangerous to sensitive" range. She was breathing with her mouth open but didn't get to the wheezing,heaving barking range.

Once they have an injury to their lungs or airsacs it takes less to set off an attack and it's easier for infections to set in.

I will add your girl to the nightly prayers (and you too) Lora

Thank you for your advice and your prayers! :) We took her inside to sleep tonight, and she seems to be doing a lot better!

I'm sorry! Is it Millie? Hope she get's better!

Thanks! :) It's Gina, actually.
I read in a book that chickens can't have allergies. Because once my rooster was sneezing, and I thought he could have allergies, but then I read that. And x2 on the Do you have anymore of the antibiotics left from her last episode?
Yes, we do have some antibiotics left and we gave her some. :)

Back
Top Bottom