Emergency/Weak chicken!!

lynn760

Hatching
Apr 11, 2023
I recently got some chicks one of them has been acting strange.today I woke up and he was very weak and laying on the ground,trying to chirp but no noise coming out but still breathing but yesterday he was perfectly fine and active.I have no idea what to do please help🙏🏼

no I don’t have any at the moment but I gaved him water and some vetrx.he is standing up now though but his eyes are close 💔

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    428.9 KB · Views: 3
he does have a pasty butt but his diet is
Do you have molasses? Dilute it in water and give to chick. Same way, dip finger, put on side of beak and watch it drink.
no i don’t have any but he’s getting worse.he’s breathing very heavy

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 2
You said he does have pasty butt. Have you been keeping his bottom clean since you noticed that? The pasty butt blocks his bottom so he can't poop, and causes all types of issues as you would imagine.

Is he eating at all? If not, try wetting some chick feed or offering scrambled eggs. If he won't eat, get a syringe (at TSC or pet store) and begin hydrating him with that a few times a day. Molasses water is probably best, but if you don't have that, try a little sugar water. Carefully put some on the end of the beak and let him swallow. Don't force a bunch down his throat because he could choke. Go at his pace. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom