EMERGENENY my baby chicks eye is in grave danger HEELLLPPP!!!!!!!!!

SelenaLuvChicks

In the Brooder
8 Years
Oct 16, 2011
Bakersfield
One day I was outside and then I looked at my baby chicks and saw that one they had there eyelid swollen so I tried cleaning put antibiotic but now its just horrible, I think it's been scratching it too much lately , WHAT CAN OR SHOULD DO PLEASE HELP!!!!! HERES AN IMAGE

ANY INFORMATION WILL HELP PLEASE
I THINK THE BOTTOM EYELID IS COMING OFF !!!!!!!!!

It appears that the eye is still intact, covered by the 3rd eyelid for protection, but the flesh around it especially on the bottom lid looks mangled. Can't tell exactly, but it appears that the big black strip of flesh is perhaps a torn 2nd lid. I would try to GENTLY clean the area to remove the dried blood, and then perhaps soak a clean paper towel in room temp water, hold the chick's head so the bad eye is tilted up, and squeeze the paper towel(without touching the eye) so that the water flushes the eye out better. Make sure you do not get it in the chick's ear or nostrils. Try to clean and take a better, more straight-on pic and post it for us. Do not put anything in the eye, I just need to see it cleaner and more clearly to tell what we are dealing with here. If she struggles, that's just too bad. You need to hold her still to get this accomplished. She can survive this, though, rest assured.

Last edited:
Most importantly, I need to see if that big black strip hanging on her lower lid area is actually flesh/feathers or a bad foreign object lodged in there.

Back
Top Bottom