Emu Hatch - Signs of life

Well, turns out I know nothing about what's going on inside those eggs. Surprise! The one I was pretty confident I saw some early wiggles in started to stink. I took it out and opened it expecting to find a dead embryo and NOTHING had even developed. So strange. I figured it had died and that's where the smell came from. It didn't even stink when I opened it. The smell is gone from the incubator so I know it wasn't the wrong egg. Very strange. So back to hoping some of the other 9 eggs will hatch. They are on day 32 to 37. 🤷‍♀️

Update: day 34 to 39 and I have for certain seen 3, maybe 5 of the total 9 left wiggle!! It's very neat to talk and whistle at them and see them respond.

I was just reading this today, I thought it was fascinating. I don't know if something like this would ever be possible in a home setting, but it sure does seem to help with candling.
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/zoo.21730

Good luck on your hatch! I love emus ❤️
Thanks.... definitely not brave enough for that. I'll have to stick to the endless staring and whistling 🤣 Just about time to go do the last turn for the day and of course STARE and watch for wiggles!

I have attempted to hatch four emu eggs. No movement from any of them. One hatched. And AMAZING biology, after 63 day, the other three were still good to eat.

Back
Top Bottom