Emu Hatch - Will it Happen?

Weigh in is this evening. I’ll try again :fl

There is one egg that sounds different. So maybe there’s one good one and it’s just taking forever to wiggle? I’ll try rocking them to see if there is a difference as well. The cool down test is giving me the same results as the last 4. Except for the one egg. It’s warm at the bottom side of the egg, not the end.

Weigh in is this evening. I’ll try again :fl

There is one egg that sounds different. So maybe there’s one good one and it’s just taking forever to wiggle? I’ll try rocking them to see if there is a difference as well. The cool down test is giving me the same results as the last 4. Except for the one egg. It’s warm at the bottom side of the egg, not the end.
Yes! That sounds right. Sometimes you can kinda feel it moving inside the egg. Leave the eggs out for a while. 5 minutes at least. The non-developing ones cool down differently than the ones with chicks. The air cell end will feel cool, of course, but there’s always a nice warm spot with a chick.

cant wait to hear how it goes! :fl:fl:fl:fl

Nothing 😑 Day 44

I may be doing it wrong? But no wiggling, movement, nothing. I will pull them all out, let them sit on a flat surface while whistling and talking to them. It lasts about 10 minutes or so. I’ll tap on them and can hear a difference in a couple eggs. But still can’t feel or see signs of life at all.

How are yours? Daily wiggles?

Nothing 😑 Day 44

I may be doing it wrong? But no wiggling, movement, nothing. I will pull them all out, let them sit on a flat surface while whistling and talking to them. It lasts about 10 minutes or so. I’ll tap on them and can hear a difference in a couple eggs. But still can’t feel or see signs of life at all.

How are yours? Daily wiggles?
So far, we’re doing well. Wiggling daily.

Not that this is right, but here is my suggestion. Try for wiggling individually. I hold the egg, without turning it around, and talk to it and whistle. Then I place on the scale, talking and whistling. Sometimes it takes a little bit, but eventually they each wiggle and respond.

I have been keeping up with this thread because I am honestly fascinated by hatching emus.. never anything I would think about in my life until I signed up for this site! It's really interesting seeing your guy's posts, I am learning things I would have never sought out to learn before! Keep us updated! Wishing you guys the best and happy and healthy chicks.

Back
Top Bottom