EMU's Hatching NOW question.

fl.gif
jumpy.gif
fl.gif
jumpy.gif
hugs.gif

Quote:
When you do this it puts the air cell at the top and gets them balanced in there which is what they need to do, we always done this three days before hatch do to let them get oriented to the air cell. Hope they come out really soon. If the membrane is getting to dry you can cover the whole with a damp 4X4

Good point on doing that 3 days before placement thing. I should have left them where they lay 3 days ago and then moved them. I took a piece of the shell off. It was trangular in shape. The size of the circular crack was about the same size as the other. I think the chick had to put more energy into breaking out as compared to the other one (which was underneath the fan). Still waiting on Egg 3. Hope it wasn't too late and just too early.

gp

P.S HAHA on the wet 4X4, I see you have been speaking with the emu farmer on the phone too. Thanks for the post

Last edited:
Ok well I turned egg three just after I did egg number two. It cracked open just now. Three out of 3 alive so far. Thanks for all your help.

gp

I have no clue about emu eggs...but good luck!

You will be bumped up from new egg when you have a certain number of posts (can't remember the exact number at the moment...sorry)

Back
Top Bottom