EMU's Hatching NOW question.

Quote:
I say "test the waters" Grandpa! What's she gonna do, kick you out?
idunno.gif
You could find thousands of women to take you in right here on BYC if you have EMU eggs in your suitcase! Go for it!
ya.gif

Ok Ok, I'm going to go grab a coffee and then I will load pics. They are really moving around in the bator now.

So from my reading I should brood these guys around 90 degress which is almost what I have in my brooder (85oF). This will be ok right. What do you think?

28000_emu_pics_018.jpg

heres what the last egg is doing

28000_emu_pics_015.jpg

gp

Last edited:
pop.gif
love.gif

We love emus! Our neighbor had one named Sydney (after point of origin) and he would act so silly! He would eat grapes off sticks (their mouths are very raspy so BEWARE!) and he would run for the fun of it every morning, taking his morning zip around his half-acre or so. Head low to the ground, legs wound up like the cartoon roadrunner, and the most silly playful look on his face. Yes, their faces are expressive!!
Sydney went to live in a petting zoo. We miss him. :-(

save your photos on to your computer from your camera then hop on byc go to uploads at the top push browse select the photo file you want then check the box for resize and select message board for size then push submit. when the next page pops up highlight the code under it NOT thumbnail and copy it then come back here make a post and ctrl v and presto you have a picture in your post!

Last edited:
I have a cabinet style incubator that is being given to us...my DH would flip if I told him EMUs were going to be hatching! Can't wait to see the babies!

caf.gif
woot.gif
I think I'm going to make a coffee and wait too!

Back
Top Bottom