EMU's Hatching NOW question.

I've had three cups of coffee, done a load of laundry, been out to the coop twice, and spent WAY too much time on here. Pictures, we want pictures!!
love.gif
jumpy.gif
love.gif

Oh geez, now I'm reduced to sounding like my youngest when he doesn't get his way.
smack.gif

caf.gif
caf.gif
caf.gif
caf.gif
Listen women, I dont know where you had to go to get a cup of Joe but Ill warm you....Next time you post about hatching Emu's and not have pictures to back up that exciting news news...well well welll
hit.gif
phooy move it will yah
barnie.gif

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the interest. I took tonnes of pictures. Great news!!!!!!!!!!! Gonzales or Hatched Egg 3 (egg 1 in lay) has hatched and is seperate from the egg. I betadined the navel and it is doing great. I have to go to a meeting tonight but promise I will post pics tonight some time. Can we get an icon thing right on these posts to attach pictures?

WOoHoO im a father!

28000_emu_pics_031.jpg

gp

Last edited:
By the way... After I put the two first chicks in the brooder, the temp. went to 90 oF. Perfect.

thanks again,

gp

Congratulations daddy! Don't forget about those pics or you'll have an angry mob on your hands
gig.gif
My neighbor keeps emus I bet she'd let me have a few eggs, but I don't know what on earth I'd do with them when they were grown...

Here... I'll distract us with a pic of the eggs in my incubator, I know......I know.....not like seeing the babies but they sure are pretty eggs. Sorry about the dirt I wasn't going to take a chance and do anything to them. #6 will be in tonight.
smile.png

11170_imgp6236.jpg

Last edited:
THAT IS NOT A PIC OF MY EGGS or my set up.

those eggs look very dirty and the water too.

Good luck with them though. Try to keep the entire set up totally clean before they hatch. I heard that sometimes the navel gets infected and they die because of contamination (the stuff all over those dirty eggs). Anyhow, my pics will follow soon. You could always lightly sand them clean and wipe with a moist papertowel - I would assume even now that they have started incubating they should be ok, I think...
Number 3 has soooooo much energy and is chirping like mad. I dont want to put it in the brooder on till it has had some time walking around on the wire in the incubator to set its legs.

got to go and thanks for the posts

gp

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom