EMU's Hatching NOW question.

Quote:
With BIG eggs that color....what's the big deal about Maran eggs??!!
tongue.png

Those are very cool

Quote:
No..... that is a picture of my eggs and my set up, I see how my other post could have been misconstrued, that was not my intention, I'll edit that for clarity. That water in the jar is not dirty at all, but what you see is the glow of the light bulb behind it. That jar is only in that bator as a heat sink. A person actually cannot see any water (other than the jar) , the water pan in this bator because it is on the other side.
As for the eggs not being cleaned, as I stated I wasn't going to take a chance and do anything to them to may alter the condition of the egg internally....In my opinion they wouldn't be pristine clean out in the wild. I was just sharing because I think that Emu eggs are very pretty. Anyway, just wanted to take a moment and clear that up. So everything is cool and this is all about celebrating your new babies so lets get back to that and enjoy their pictures.
smile.png

Last edited:
So beautiful! I don't have any means of keeping emus, but I'd sure love to have some of those eggs blown out! What an awesome natural color.
I can't wait to see the chicks. Now I need to go google emu chicks so I can get a quick fix!

Hey everybody,

Thanks for the clarification sounds great. I totally understand about the water thing. Just concerned of the babies navels because of the dirt, but like you said in the wild they aren't going to be spotless right. It may even help in some way- who knows. Yes! Celebration with three new babies.

Im going to bring them back to the place I got the eggs from in a week or two. Thats all I can do with my emu chicks. Still pretty cool though.

28000_emu_pics_034.jpg

gp

Last edited:
Should have known the OP was a man. The "I'll post pictures when I got back (from coffee)." Kinda stings after a lifetime of hearing , "I'll call ya later " which in man talk, means somewhere between birth and death.

WARDEN, sure, tempt me you tease. Keep the coffee I want the whipped cream and is that caramel sauce? All I have is one snack pack pudding - big deal!!

Back
Top Bottom