enclosure break! pic added

Quote:
Have you tried finding homes for your males? Like ads on Craigslist or such?

It's illegal to just turn them lose in most places, and starving, the elements, and falling prey to something doesn't sound like much of a "freedom".

Finding homes for the males is practically impossible around here, as everyone has too many males. I always provide food and water for the ones that get let go, so they don't starve... and food for the other animals out here is a fact of life.... so as much as I don't like to let them be eaten, its food for something else. They also have plenty of coverage from any "elements", b ut seeing as how our climate is very temperate, they don't have much to worry about there....

I will start to advertise unneeded males for food for people if I ever get too many.... but as others have said, life is tough for the roos, and they have it pretty darn good here until they fly the coop.

In most states the DNR, Game and Fish, or what ever you call them in your state have powers far beyond those of mortal law enforcement agencies. If they even think you are doing something wrong, they can bust in, use deadly force or what ever they need to make their point. They can take every animal, property of any kind, and your only recourse is to sue them to get it back, once you prove your innocents. They can make an IRS audit feel like a girl scout convention.

Defiantly figure out a way to get rid of extra roos aside from just letting them fly free. Aside from being flat mean, you may be exposing yourself to legal implications, you didn't even know existed.

Back
Top Bottom