I can't keep them all :(

Doesn't sound very "Darling" to me, Chips. You MAKE him accommodate those chickens.

This is where my wife would give me "the stare". A complete non verbal form of communication where I know, it is better to not say anything, but just get to work doing whatever it is she wants.

I really am sorry about having to part with them. No matter how many chickens I get, they all still feel like children.
His other suggestion to free up more run space was to turn the ducks out.
tenor (1).gif

Think about how happy their new owners will be to have these wonderful birds. :)
I hope so. I feel like no one else is really going to love them like I do, but hopefully their next keepers will, in their own way...

I happen to agree with DH here. I had ducks for about a week, then someone on CL had my ducks.
Oh my gosh. I was so sad to lose our drake, not only because he was such a dreamboat, but of course I wanted them to hatch out all the beautiful fluffy ducklings. But then it all came crashing down when he said he didn't want to replace him, either! I'm hoping when we move he will make good on setting them up with a really nice, suitable enclosure. But it's either that, or... Either way I feel like more duck babies may sadly not be in my future any time soon.

They give great hugs though, I literally scoop them up and carry them over to the run every day, best part of my morning. :)

And one more from todays walk around. A cuteness overload here. This is Mama. She is from our first generation hatching project here (we are on gen 5) and she has mothered countless chicks. She is a 100% free ranger, and lives with her babies under some of the blue spruce trees on the property. She is the only one I will trust with more than 4 chicks at a time. She just hatched these 8 last week and you can almost count on her to not lose a single one. Looks like they have a lot of Maran influence.

Back
Top Bottom