Encounter with a Great Horned Owl

Greetings. I recently lost a chicken to a Great Horned Owl attack. I wrote a short piece about it and posted it on my blog. I thought you'd be interested in reading it. Comments appreciated!

https://michael-jackman.com/encounter-with-a-great-horned-owl/
Welcome to BYC! A well written account of the dreaded owl episode. ".....yes bad news seems to follow good..." that's the balance of life. Remembering the good things when bad happens.....keeps us centered....understanding that all things work together for our good. Thank you for sharing. Thank you for joining....I'm sure you will like it here.

Nice article! Thank you for teaching writing to a younger generation; bless you for it! I am pushing 70; those wonderful women who taught me the intricacies of language in 7th and 9th grade, and to love both the mechanics and the music of written and spoken word are still the giants of my mind. I am sorry you lost your hen, but thank you for sharing the episode with us. Nice to meet you; hope to hear more from your "pen."

So it severed the head...do owls just eat the head, I wonder?
And hello from a former Louisvillian, living in Elizabeth, Indiana. :)
I don't think it got a total meal out of the kill. I probably showed up and ruined supper. And hello to a former Louisvillian!

I was just at Menards in New Albany and there was a red-tailed hawk circling the parking lot. It was so close overhead I was able to see it very clearly, but was shocked that it was in New Albany, in what I consider the city.

Back
Top Bottom