encounter with CPS... give me a break! Long....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
If you try this tactic be prepared for them to threaten to get a court order to remove your child imediatley. This has happened to me on several occasions. I asked for a warrent and was told that if I did NOT let them in RIGHT NOW that they would remove ALL my children THAT DAY, not just the one that they were there to investigate.

Quote:
This is true. They will interrogate your children and wear them down until they get something they can use against you. If not they can bully your child until they tell them what they want to hear. I have had this happen. The worker went to the school without my knowledge and interrogated my daughter for two hours. She had gotten scratched on her lip by a feral kitten while we were treating it for fleas. CPS insisted that I had slapped her hard enough to split open her lip. They insisted that she 'tell them what I did' and if she didn't they told HER at only 9 years old that if she didnt' tell them about me slapping her that they would take her away.

Sonia)

This is true. They will interrogate your children and wear them down until they get something they can use against you. If not they can bully your child until they tell them what they want to hear. I have had this happen. The worker went to the school without my knowledge and interrogated my daughter for two hours. She had gotten scratched on her lip by a feral kitten while we were treating it for fleas. CPS insisted that I had slapped her hard enough to split open her lip. They insisted that she 'tell them what I did' and if she didn't they told HER at only 9 years old that if she didnt' tell them about me slapping her that they would take her away
They didnt get us. they even bribbed them with plushtoys. taylor stuck to the accident, she never ets hit, that they have a time out chair in the corner and that she only got in big trouble once for letting her baby brothers outside. sebastian couldnt remember what even happened and why they took him somewhere. Our case is closed for good and we got the case workerin trouble for threating my husband.
Oh and DO NOTever sign anything without reading it when they come to your door. They love to hold something under your nose, here sign... and wont let you read it and they wont tell you why they are here . Insist on reading everything before you sign and ask for the grounds of their visit . If they dont let you do it , ask for their supoervisors number. call their bos and tell him / her about it. CPS think they are above the law.

Also if you DO sign anything insist on signing EVERY page seperately. They will go and change things in the document and make it look like you signed things that you actually didn't.

Quote:
If you try this tactic be prepared for them to threaten to get a court order to remove your child imediatley. This has happened to me on several occasions. I asked for a warrent and was told that if I did NOT let them in RIGHT NOW that they would remove ALL my children THAT DAY, not just the one that they were there to investigate.

They use that tactic to scare you into letting them in because they think you're stupid and have no money for a lawyer. If you had a lawyer they'd back off immediately. We see this a lot in the homeschool community, which is why homeschoolers have HSLDA, a legal organization who will take care of things should CPS ever knock on your door.

Rule number one - NEVER EVER EVER let them in.

Tell them you're calling your lawyer.

Tell them you're calling your Dr.

Tell them you're calling the local TV and radio news to come report on the situation.

Tell them you're calling every sinlge person you know on this planet to come over as witnesses.

They will typically leave and tell you they will "follow up"

CPS gets it wrong so often - if they wren't part of the government they would have been out of business a long time ago.

If things happened the way you said they did - I would threaten to sue them.

The government has NO RIGHT to tell you that your child needs to play only inside a fenced yard. He's on drugs.

More government = more intrusion into your family.

Just say no to big government.

tongue.png
Some people! Some people actually think they are "saving the world" gggggrrrrrrrrrrr I've had a couple of run-ins in the past with CPS.. because I had hateful neighbors
tongue.png
They always apologized and nothing ever came of it. I understand when they get a complaint, no matter how far-fetched, and have an obligation to look into the validity of it. They're just doing their job. But this guy!! Sounds like a real work that has no right being in that business
tongue.gif
I'd bet that he doesn't even have kids.... and if he does, they're picky retentive and bitter.
lol.png

Good luck with all of this... my guess is that this guy probably tries to bring all kinds of non-threatened cases before the courts, and they are probably about one case away from letting him go so as not to waste the courts time with all of his "saving" that he's doing.

Last edited:
Your best bet is to catch THEM by surprise. Put in writing what happened and walk into thier office with it. (keep copies) Ask to speak to thier supervisor right away. Make sure you document everything that happens.
They will interrogate your son at school they have done this to me once, and I was livid. They will look for any reason to remove your son from the home, that is thier job. You have to be proactive and show them you have nothing to hide by approaching them first. I let them into my home, I had nothing to hide. It became a bit of a joke with the counsellor we had because it was a welcome coffee break for him when he had to do follow ups at our house:>)
In our case all turned out well but you do have to be careful.

If you have already agreed to a followup, demand that it be done by someone else. Insist that this particular man never be allowed back on your premises period. Demand that he not be allowed near your child at school either.

You had to call 911 because of HIS erratic behavior. You are concerned about your son and want to protect him from this over-zealous looney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom