"Encouraging" a peacock to move on to a different area

dracoe19

Songster
8 Years
May 31, 2011
Warrenton, Virgina
Someone asked me a question today about what to do about a peacock that showed up in their area. They live in a culdesac so they were quite surprised to see a peacock their. He is quite noisy and doesn't belong their so they are wondering how to help/ encourage him to move on. I'm assuming it is breeding season right now since mine are calling as well and that is why it wandered to their area. My suggestions were to make noise/ be loud if they see it since peacocks prefer a quiet area (at least that is what I am assuming). I also said they could spray him with a hose since it won't harm him and will more than likely annoy him and he will want to move on. They have called animal control and other places but they don't want to do anything about him being there. Any other suggestions?

I'm assuming he won't let them get close to him? Otherwise they could try catching him themselves. If they feed him, they may be able to catch him and give him to someone that already has penned peas.

They maybe able to but it doesn't sound like they have experience with peafowl or livestock. I think they wouldn't know how to handle him (as in watch out for talons, careful with wings, etc.).

I'm not sure there's a good way to just make them leave without capturing and relocating them, not if they like where they are at. If they can herd or bait him into a garage they could put out food and water for him and ask around for someone that DOES know something about handling the birds or could come get him.

Didn't think of that. That sounds like it would work for them so they don't have to worry about having to handle him. I'll send on the information. Thank you very much for the help!

Back
Top Bottom