Encouraging egg laying

PaisleyChickMama

Songster
Oct 1, 2022
Zearing Iowa
My ducks still haven’t laid. Everyone at my church has been getting eggs from their ducks. Im assuming it’s because we moved them from the garage to outside on the 21st so it’s a new scenery. But is there any way I can encourage egg production. I have a light in their coop. It’s a flock of 7 girlies. Should I get a drake, or put some nesting boxes with decoy eggs? It’s their first year too they were hatched in the late summer/fall so maybe they don’t know what they’re supposed to be doing yet? 😂😂

The youngest ones were hatched October 24, they’re runners. The older ones are cayugas and Cayuga mix, they were hatched October 10
Ok, what breeds? Late season birds take longer to lay.
Thank you! I didn’t know that. I thought I was helping them 🙄
A little might but not every day, it's like letting kids have free access to pizza rolls right next to a healthy meal, they're going to mostly eat the pizza rolls.

My ducks still haven’t laid. Everyone at my church has been getting eggs from their ducks. Im assuming it’s because we moved them from the garage to outside on the 21st so it’s a new scenery. But is there any way I can encourage egg production. I have a light in their coop. It’s a flock of 7 girlies. Should I get a drake, or put some nesting boxes with decoy eggs? It’s their first year too they were hatched in the late summer/fall so maybe they don’t know what they’re supposed to be doing yet? 😂😂
They are old enough to lay and they get all day access to food with treats.

Back
Top Bottom