End of day 22?

Pics
Lol, sorry, I didn’t mean it like that. xD I tend to go into too much detail and most of the time nobody wants that. Haha! ask a simple question and all that. 🤣

I’m just one of those weirdos that likes to go pull up scientific studies and papers after someone asks me a question. ( I once spent the entire afternoon reading case studies and papers on fallow deer antler management and the effects of castration on antler growth...)
My brinsea is reading 19% with no water. It has two troughs. If I fill one, it'll shoot up to 50%. Any ideas?

Don’t fill the trough completely. Measure a bit of water with a syringe or a measuring cup, add it, and wait for a bit and see what it’s reading. :) I usually will add, wait maybe 1/2 an hour, check it, and go from there. Add a bit more if it’s still low, or know that I need to add a bit less if it’s higher than I want. You can wait longer too, if it seems like it’s going up but you’re not sure how much it’s going to. (But definitely experiment with it before adding your eggs).
Thanks. This seems much easier than getting humidity too fall in an inccy that's already going! I have got 6 ayam cemani and 6 light sussex to go in tomorrow. They have been sat ppoint down for 24 and 48 hours - any last minute suggestions before tomo? :)

Most definitely easier. Lol.
oh awesome, both those breeds are so beautiful! Fingers crossed for a great hatch. :)
My only suggestions are to mark your air cells in pencil on the shell so it’s easier to keep track of where they are on what day, and take notes of what works for your incubators. No 2 are the same and if you don’t write it down, you won’t necessarily remember for next season. Lol. I know I don’t. 😳
Happy hatching! :jumpy
Aww thank you. Do you mark the bit on the eggs that looks empty (air cells) on the eggs before you put them in, too? And then it gets bigger throughout the 21 days? This will always be in the widest part of the egg? x

Yep, on the fat/widest end of the egg. Some eggs are oddly shaped and it’s hard to tell which end is which, but usually if you candle them you can find it. If you can see them, mark them. :) Sometimes fresh eggs aren’t super obvious. In that case, just mark them the next time you candle. Always candle before setting them to check for cracks, too, since these are not usually good candidates for hatching. (Sometimes you can try to save them by sealing the crack but it depends on the crack.)
Also, because I have to add yet more, lol, sometimes in shipped eggs you’ll have wobbly or detached air cells. I usually mark these eggs so I know they have a not-so-perfect air cell, but don’t do anything different with them. I like to quantify everything. 🤪 haha!
Thanks. I've just tried to do this, but everything inside the eggs just looks the same. I cans distinguish an air sac. Is that ok?

Back
Top Bottom