End

Celtic Hill

Songster
9 Years
Mar 7, 2010
Scotland CT
Okay so i have been doing some Bio Security research and one of my rollers shows two sympoms of END. "Sneezing, gasping for air, nasal discharge, coughing" and "Chickens with END exhibit signs of depression and respiratory distress." I hope to god it's not it but im not sure what to do. Im going to remove him/her from the flock tonight. None of the other birds show it, just that one. Maybe it's not END, not sure tho. Anyone care to offers some advice?
idunno.gif

It sounds like canker to me, but I don't know what end is. Canker is pretty common in pigeons. Its also contagious.If you look in its mouth you should be able to see a bunch of nasty stuff if its canker. Its treated with canker powder in the water. If you can't get canker powder we used to use Clorox bleach in the water a table spoon to the gallon. Also isolate infected birds.

Last edited:
Quote:
oh. is it doing the head twist thing? Is there any swelling?I really hope its not Newcastle. With any luck its just canker. Like I said its really common.

Newcastle is just about nonexistant in pigeons. So don't worry about that. Your bird sounds like it just has a respiratory infection. If its head is twisting, or "stargazing", flying/walking in circles, slow reaction time, nervous fits, swollen joints, etc, then it has paratyphoid or PMV to go along with it. Canker is another possibility, although it would only cause coughing and trouble breathing. Respiratory is more likely. Go to tractor supply and get some Terramycin, 1/2 tablespoon per gallon, for a week.

Back
Top Bottom