Ended up with a two male- three female flock. Thoughts?

My Muscovy Drake had one female Rouen that he absolutely would not stop mating. All hours of the day and night. I ended up putting him in Drake jail. The Mallard/Rouen Drake stuck mostly to the Mallards and the one Khaki Campbell hen. The Khaki Campbell Drake went after anyone he could catch so he went on down the road to another home. They are all different and some people can have a one on one and other drakes will abuse the hen. The Mallard Drake and Muscovy had been in Drake jail almost all summer. It is still hot here in Ohio so I figure maybe in October I can pardon them. lol

We're trying to get back to even a 2 to 1 ratio!
At present we have our flock divided into one group of BGG, one isolated jerk boy, main cage with 4 boys and 2 girls (just barely young enough to still get away with this - planning to reconfigure this weekend) and a disabled runt male with one female for company/warmth.
Actually, even getting to 1:1 would be an improvement!

I was able to trade my 1 year old huge Muscovy Drake for a 3 month old Muscovy Hen and a 3 month old Khaki Campbell Hen. I am glad that I am one less Drake and two more Hens as my numbers are off too. Good luck with yours and I will find out in the spring if I can get by with my 4 little Call Ducks and one small Mallard/Rouen Drake and 9 much bigger hens.

Back
Top Bottom