Ended Official BYC Contest - Worst Chicken Molt Pictures - Fall/Winter 2015

Yeah! She's growing her curly hair back. Finally !! I gave her a big bowl of seeds and let her go to town. Along with feed.

Check her out know!

Im so happy for her ! She's know coming out of the coop with her buddy.

Last edited:
Bubbles isn't as bad. I also have a Austlorp who is molting but much harder to get any good pictures.
So here's bubbles. She's worse then I can get in a picture. Her breast and back are also bald. Her wings and tail are the only visible ones I could get. She doesn't like her picture taken.

Here's her normal

Last edited:
All my hens are going through various stages of molt, started about a month ago with the EE (no photo sorry) and just now wrapping up with Coreen, my d'Uccle mix.

She's molting her entire body but in patches. She's clearly not happy, it's her first ever molt. This was taken 23 October, about a few days into the molt. She looked HORRIBLE for the two weeks after this picture, and now she's nearly over the whole thing. Only has one tail feather left and a few wing feathers, and once she drops those she's back to her gray self.

(other breeds category)

Aaaw, poor girl!

I am starting to see a trend on this thread ... there are quite a few 'I am not impressed' looks on the faces of our moulting chickens
wink.png
and your girl is definitely one of them.
Oh yes she was very upset with me and refused a picture of her butt which looks a great deal like the turkey I bought for Thanksgiving.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom