English Silver Laced Orpingtons

McCoyPoultry

In the Brooder
Mar 29, 2015
Nashville TN
Hey everyone! It's me again! I am starting this thread strictly for Silver Laced Orps and the Projects we plan to do with these birds! I am working with @mitchellhatchery and we plan to do a new breeding program toghether! I am not sure if he wants me to share the secrets yet. LOL
lau.gif
but I can give a spoiler. We will be breeding NEW blood in the Silver Pool!! This will help with the inbreeding! If you have had any Silver and they just kille over dead PLEASE say something here! Where did you get them? How old were they? What were the symptoms? If any at all. I actully bought 2 Pure Silver for $240! Which is a great deaal! I was so excited since they were the first I had ever had but sadly I spoke to soon. 3 weeks later they died. But I emailed the breeder and he is send new chicks! I am not gonna get to excited yet. If they reach breeding age then I will start jumpin up and down!

Last edited:
Let me step in and say that it's not the big breeders . but people go pay big money for chicks when they get old enough to breed there breeding brother to sister .and they sell chicks to others there breeding brother to sister this behavior has to stop we need to diversify are flocks no matter what breed you have .for a starter be picky don't buy all from one breeder buy pullets pay a little more then go buy a couple cockerels from a different line. In the long run you will have healthier chickens better ammune systems less illness .less dead birds.
A system that great is find a friend interested in the same breed you buy from one and they buy from a totally different breeder straight runs then swap roos now you started diversity.

How many silver laced threads are there now? I'm confused lol

Well, I figured out the original thread was "Silver laced Orpingtons" and this list is called "English Silver laced Orpingtons"
I believe McCoy Poultry starter both lists and means for this one to replace the other. The other list may take on a life of its own "if" there are enough non English Silver laced Orp owners ready to chat on it.

Well, I figured out the original thread was "Silver laced Orpingtons" and this list is called "English Silver laced Orpingtons"
I believe McCoy Poultry starter both lists and means for this one to replace the other. The other list may take on a life of its own "if" there are enough non English Silver laced Orp owners ready to chat on it.

ahh I see!

I had a silver laced die today. I believe it was Cocci. I nursed it intensely for 4 days. I thought it made a turn for the better, but...

I am down to 2 older chicks and two younger. I believe my older chicks are a male and female. Lacing is really shaping up nicely.Photos to come soon!

Back
Top Bottom