Enough is enough

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sesa, May 4, 2009.

1. sesa

sesa Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    Thurmont, Md
    I know that we need the rain, but not all at once. It's been raining for days, my chicken tractor is stuck in the mud and still sinking

2. k2chickens

k2chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    New Castle, Indiana
    Agreed [​IMG] It rained here for weeks!!!

3. HennysMom

HennysMom Keeper of the Tiara

[​IMG] we're on day 3 here... and there's at least 2 more days in sight...

My garden is going to be washed out of seeds if this keeps up - and the grass will be knee high *sighs* I hate cutting grass, already takes me over 3 hours on a riding mower -and thats without bagging it [​IMG]

I feel your pain

4. froggie71

froggie71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2009
    Shamong, NJ
    Know what you mean. Tired of rain. What happened to April Showers? Doesn't Mother Nature know it's May? [​IMG] Hoping when Mom and Dad visit from Florida they bring us some sun![​IMG]

5. HarlansHollowFarms

HarlansHollowFarms bana-bhuidseach anns gára

Jan 16, 2009
    [​IMG] We will gladly accept your rain if you would be willing to donate! [​IMG]

6. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Quote:We've almost returned to where our rainfall should be, but we will drop behind again come July/August.

7. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Rain? What is this you speak of?

8. rnoyster

rnoyster Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2009
    Conway, South Carolina
    We will take some of your rain here in South Carolina. It has been so long since it rained the Govenor has outlawed corduroy pants on fat folks to prevent anymore brush fires!LOL!

Last edited: May 4, 2009
  9. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    I agree! I am sick of the rain, I have mini ponds in my yard. The ducks no longer have any ground to stand on in their run, its one big duck pond now. I had to put food in their house for them, just so they could eat.

I finally waded out there and locked my chickens up, they looked so pathetic standing out in the rain, soaking wet, huddled together (they aren't too bright lol).

PS. We used to live in Thurmont [​IMG]

10. rhondapiper

rhondapiper Chillin' With My Peeps

Ugh, I agree. It rained on an off all last week, steadily all weekend, all day today, and I just looked at the weather report and it's supposed to just keep raining through next weekend!

I have a coop to finish and I can't find any time to work on it, plus two decks to stain.

On the upside, it's giving me a few days without pollen allergies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by