Entertainment for Goslings

JKHerdItAll

Songster
May 4, 2021
Northeast Wisconsin
Whoops, I posted my ISO in the wrong forum but it won't let me delete, so I'm repurposing to ask a question haha - what does everyone use to entertain bored goslings? They hatched this week and it's too cold to let them outside for too long, and the one won't stop picking at the other's back fuzz.

Last edited:
My goslings love anything hanging down that they can reach up, grab, and pull on/try to chew up. Just make sure they can't actually eat it or get caught on it.

You could also try baby toys. When my goose started getting bored being locked up at night and decided it was a good idea to start honking for me at 2:00am every night, I got her some toys. Since I hung them in her house she's been totally quiet at night.
Her favorite are the plastic baby keys, but she also has a couple wooden rattles she plays with.

Keys
Wooden Rattle 1
Wooden Rattle 2

My goslings love anything hanging down that they can reach up, grab, and pull on/try to chew up. Just make sure they can't actually eat it or get caught on it.

You could also try baby toys. When my goose started getting bored being locked up at night and decided it was a good idea to start honking for me at 2:00am every night, I got her some toys. Since I hung them in her house she's been totally quiet at night.
Her favorite are the plastic baby keys, but she also has a couple wooden rattles she plays with.

Keys
Wooden Rattle 1
Wooden Rattle 2
I have a toddler with lots of outgrown baby toys and 3 bored goslings, perfect match!

Baby stuffies. I've caught the adults nibbling Mortimer Moose in the dark at 10pm. They like it more than Captain Calamari. Holee Roller dog toy filled with dandelions -- though I'd worry about goslings getting stuck.

Something they can fiddle with. One gander delights in pulling the string off hay bales.

Back
Top Bottom