Entire evening . . . Gone in a good way

jtbrown

Songster
8 Years
Mar 30, 2011
Southeastern Ohio
Went through backyard poultry and any advertisement that looked interesting, checked out their site.

Planned next year's dream flock, dominiques because I don't have any chickens with barring. Wondering about bantam leghorns, we have been keeping bantam eggs and selling brown eggs. Bantam eggs are so cute and fun to serve up to the kids. Buff orp because I've heard so much about them. Figuring what kind of production red to get since our 5 are great layers and more friendly than any other. We love having eggs to sell at work so we want egg numbers high.

Husband played black ops, I surfed chicken stuff. Wow, exciting but fun. By the time next year rolls around I'll have gone through dozens of new flock combo, wonder what I will settle on.

I'm sure most of you did things much more exciting than this, but it was so fun!

I can recommend the Buff Orps. They are my favorite breed of all the chickens we have. They lay big eggs, they are weather hearty, they are funny and friendly, and beautiful.

Tonight I played epic rounds of Words with Friends, watched 5 week old kittens be kittens, named them too! Ran errands, played more games, now I want crackers.

I can sit for hours looking at and planning and replanning next years chick order. Just don't know what I would do with 300 chickens.....
roll.png

Quote:
I agree, large eggs, almost every day, AND they go broody and are VERY good moms. I bought some cuz DD wanted them and I like them MUCH better than the sex links or barred rocks. They also ARE friendly. They are the only large fowl I will continue to get!

Back
Top Bottom