Entries for Chickly Manor Weekly Competition~!

Poultry Competition

• Red

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Flynney

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Peeps

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Name: Darlene

About her: Darlene is the funniest, smartest, and friendliest chicken I've had in a while. I'm 100% certain that she's the only chicken I have who would happily live inside the house. I have to force her out if of the garage because she dashes in everytime I open the door. Same with the camper. She'll stay in there the whole day if you let her. She also really loves being held and will follow you like a dog. As you can see in one of the pics she will just settle into your hand or lap and sit there. When she was younger she nearly froze to death though. The chicks tipped there waterer over and she was standing in the wet when I found her. I had to give her sugar water for a day and a half and I had to encourage her to eat wet chick food mush for three days. She stayed a house chicken for a few weeks after that just to make sure she was completely better. That's probably why she seems to think she's a human who should live in the house.

IMG_20201215_104313148.jpg

IMG_20201217_111915433_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

IMG_20201217_111905833.jpg

IMG_20201217_111907780.jpg

IMG_20201217_111849366.jpg

IMG_20201215_104301385.jpg

This last pic is my profile pic!
IMG_20201203_111208974.jpg

Another story about Darlene that I only just remembered now. The day after I found her half frozen to death she learned that she had enough strength to fly out of the box that she was in. I was already asleep because I'm an early bird not a night owl. I asked my mother to check on her before she went to bed (2 to 4 am) incase she began to decline while I was asleep. When my mother checked on her she was sitting on the floor! So my mother put a top on the cage with a bucket of food to hold it down. When I woke up at 5 in the morning and checked on her though the top including the bucket of feed was inside the box with poof Darlene! It's a miracle she wasn't crushed by the feed. Somehow she managed to get squished in the corner when the bucket fell instead of being squished by the bucket. I immediately got her out and she was ok!

Another story about Darlene that I only just remembered now. The day after I found her half frozen to death she learned that she had enough strength to fly out of the box that she was in. I was already asleep because I'm an early bird not a night owl. I asked my mother to check on her before she went to bed (2 to 4 am) incase she began to decline while I was asleep. When my mother checked on her she was sitting on the floor! So my mother put a top on the cage with a bucket of food to hold it down. When I woke up at 5 in the morning and checked on her though the top including the bucket of feed was inside the box with poof Darlene! It's a miracle she wasn't crushed by the feed. Somehow she managed to get squished in the corner when the bucket fell instead of being squished by the bucket. I immediately got her out and she was ok!
Thats amazing! She really is a miracle chicken!

Name: Darlene

About her: Darlene is the funniest, smartest, and friendliest chicken I've had in a while. I'm 100% certain that she's the only chicken I have who would happily live inside the house. I have to force her out if of the garage because she dashes in everytime I open the door. Same with the camper. She'll stay in there the whole day if you let her. She also really loves being held and will follow you like a dog. As you can see in one of the pics she will just settle into your hand or lap and sit there. When she was younger she nearly froze to death though. The chicks tipped there waterer over and she was standing in the wet when I found her. I had to give her sugar water for a day and a half and I had to encourage her to eat wet chick food mush for three days. She stayed a house chicken for a few weeks after that just to make sure she was completely better. That's probably why she seems to think she's a human who should live in the house.

View attachment 2459926
View attachment 2459939
View attachment 2459943
View attachment 2459944
View attachment 2459946
View attachment 2459948

This last pic is my profile pic!
View attachment 2459950
She is adorable!!! So cute!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will add her to the poll :)

Back
Top Bottom