Environmentally Unfriendly Pets

barnie.gif

HA HA that is just so wrong.

the environmentalist say ---get rid of those doggie plastic poop bags in the landfill....and it makes TONS more room for plastic diapers filled with baby poop

th.gif
ep.gif

I think at some point, not sure when or any time soon, hard decisions will be made on how to "cut back life" to survive. Luxury items like pets and their fluffy coats might be one of them along with millions of other things we take for granted.

I think at some point, not sure when or any time soon, hard decisions will be made on how to "cut back life" to survive. Luxury items like pets and their fluffy coats might be one of them along with millions of other things we take for granted.

I was reading a book the other day, sort of an autobiography of a woman who grew up on a farm in the 40's and 50's and one of the things that she said really struck me. She said that they NEVER threw anything away until it had served all of its purposes.

Today we buy 'bags of rags'. Then they used old towels, sheets etc.
Today we buy plastic totes specially made for every little thing from sweaters to spaghetti. Then they re-used containers from other products that they purchased.

I am by no means innocent of doing these things. As I sit here on my laptop that I bought for convenience not for need.
hide.gif

I wonder if one of the reasons that we are so quick to toss things out comes from the Out of Sight, Out of Mind concept. In the 40's and 50's, landfill (like the ones of today) simply didnt exist. Most folks (we had one) had a junk pile somewhere on the property and thats where anything non-biodegradable went. Tin cans, bottles, broken tools that couldnt be fixed for the 50th time etc. Edibles were mixed into slop for the hogs and 'burnables' went up in smoke every week. Today, I just put anything I dont want in the back of the truck and drop it at the landfill. Out of Sight, Out of Mind.

I want to be a minimalist...I really do....

that was a good post

you are right. our society left the "do for yourselves" and went into big cities where they needed to be supplied.
and when they were done with a product, they throw it out to buy another to takes it place....simply because they are consumers.
consumers do just that, consume and don't give back truly. we all do it to some point, more than others.

One way to help fix problems is process of elimination. You can't say take a car away from a person who must get to work to survive for money, but you can say lower the pet population severly to make more products for humans to survive. Vicious cycle.

Most people will not and do not give back. We yell about the future for our kids yet won't recycle our plastics, etc.

I guess it is hard to make everyday changes that would affect a future we can not see. And we all know, people hate change. lol

(on our farm we still use the old garbage pile in the back of the woods.)

Leave me and my dogs out I'll pull an Al Gore buy me some of them carbon credits. Shucks for a couple dollars I can have no carbon feet prints at all. Heck maybe for a few more dollars I can have a carbon feet print surplus. Then I can eat cabbage rolls, pickled eggs and drink beer again. Last time I done that I left a carbon print but it weren't with my feet.

Pets, or humans for that matter are a huge drain on the planet.

And antelope, herds of zebras, water buffalo, wild birds, etc... aren't?
gig.gif

I'm trying to grasp this whole footprint concept. Really.

It's a scam. It is a way to make people feel guilty so you can manipulate them and separate them from their hard earned cash and/or force people to change their chosen lifestyle.​

Back
Top Bottom