Environmentally Unfriendly Pets

Quote:
that is so cool, I am actually going to check out NC and see. I never thought it was allowed. So I might be farming dogs????LOL
new markets for my farm....find some vietnamese restaurants and see if they need stock?

Is dog sold anywhere in restaurants here? I never seen it but then I am limited also..HAHA...in what I check out in the US.

When we lived in Korea, there was an article in the base paper about the fact that dogs that are used for food aren't vaccinated against rabies. Apparently vaccinations make the meat taste off. There was no reason for me to post that little tid bit of information, except that I thought you might find it interesting.
tongue.png

I have also read that there is a special breed of dog that is used for food in China, I think that it is a dragon dog? Or something similar.

I don't see anything wrong with eating dog or even horse. But I think that the majority of the people in the US would be offended. Of course, if someone opened a business serving dog, or horse, or even cute kitties in hats, that restaurant would be guaranteed a lot of free publicity.
tongue.png

Last edited:
Quote:
There is a lot that I agree with when it comes to taking care of our planet. Recycling, using resusable bags etc are all pretty simple solutions that don't take much effort. We could do ALOT more in this country but, articles like the one posted turn off the majority of people and make them unwilling to listen to anything else.

Last edited:
Quote:
that is so cool, I am actually going to check out NC and see. I never thought it was allowed. So I might be farming dogs????LOL
new markets for my farm....find some vietnamese restaurants and see if they need stock?

Is dog sold anywhere in restaurants here? I never seen it but then I am limited also..HAHA...in what I check out in the US.

When we lived in Korea, there was an article in the base paper about the fact that dogs that are used for food aren't vaccinated against rabies. Apparently vaccinations make the meat taste off. There was no reason for me to post that little tid bit of information, except that I thought you might find it interesting.
tongue.png

I have also read that there is a special breed of dog that is used for food in China, I think that it is a dragon dog? Or something similar.

I don't see anything wrong with eating dog or even horse. But I think that the majority of the people in the US would be offended. Of course, if someone opened a business serving dog, or horse, or even cute kitties in hats, that restaurant would be guaranteed a lot of free publicity.
tongue.png

the chow chow was used for meat in China..(and maybe still is..) think about the name..and some of their food names..chow mein... etc...
that being said...i have no problem with it. I'm sure they would find some foods we eat here pretty gross... to each their own..
wink.png

And in some countries it is considered horrific to eat cows.
roll.png
Cultures differ; ours considers dogs and cats to be companions while chickens and cows are food. People can eat whatever they want, but eating dogs just wouldn't go over well in the USA.

Quote:
I think that the areas that have suffered the most from hunger in the past probably eat a wider variety of foods. Then again, India used to be very poor and cows are still taboo for many Hindus so maybe dogs will always be taboo here also.

I grew up eating liver mush here in the south(as shown on bizarre foods) and hamhocks used to flavor beans. I know people that like picked pigs feet and chitlins'. Those foods were very popular because that was what many people could afford a long time ago.

Last edited:
India is changing also. Now over 30% are meat eaters while before it was very very low percentage.
those cows walking the streets might be in jeopardy soon.
tongue.png

"India holds more vegetarians than the rest of the world combined.

A 2006 survey by the Hindu newspaper (5) found that 40 percent of the population, or 399 million people, are vegetarians.

This is mostly driven by class and religious concerns, with the Brahmin class expected to not eat meat, the Hindu religion suggesting vegetarianism and the Jain religion demanding it."

Nothing to do with this thread but my sister works for the American embassy in India.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
The only thing that is going to make a real difference in the carbon footprint is less people. There are more than twice as many people alive in the world today than there were in the 1950's. Just think about that a minute. In fifty short years the world population has more than doubled. If everybody in the world got rid of their pets (and I cannot imagine why anyone would want to do that) it wouldn't make a smigeon of difference because human population growth would soon take up any difference (assuming there even was one) the loss of the pets made.

Back
Top Bottom