Environmentally Unfriendly Pets

deb1 wrote: My own personal viewpoint is that Gore, like a lot of politicians, simply has an overinflated sense of his own importance and said something without thinking. That doesn't mean that he doesn't have some good ideas or wasn't a good candidate.

He could have simply said `expand', but he `created' what will certainly earn him a couple of sentences in his obit.

Since the thread mentions the National Defense Highways (Interstate) and as the `net' was born to `create' a system of communication that would have the resilience to continue operating even though individual nodes were being vaporized, I thought it would be nice to point out a couple of things:

O.K., `Skynet' (Arpanet) was born (nah, didn't become self-aware). First message (note the date):
first-arpanet-imp-log.jpg

Staying with the Cold War theme, I'd suggest politicians could still get some mileage out of carrying one of these around to help them calculate the degree of cratering of their image that might occur by launching their feet into their mouths:
RANDBDEC.jpg

That said (back to mushing along the dogsled), imagine a petri dish colonized over an instant and suddenly (geologically speaking) fluorescing. We're as colonial as penguins and as dirty as mud daubers and, owing to our biology, don't do well thinking/planning/executing in increments greater than a single generation (30yr.). Keep an eye on the `culture'...
NightNAC.jpg

Last edited:
I bet cavemen and all those super ancients ate their enemies.

of course there are still cannabal tribes in existence. So eating humans is not new or is it reserved for the future.

funny thing is PETA is very strong and those other organizations are also.

to the fact that PETA can get rules and laws changed definitely. More and more jumping on the bandwagon

Anyone own a real fur coat here?

Back
Top Bottom