Equal Rights in Malawi, Africa... Sad Story....

Quote:
That can be said on a lot of subjects
wink.png
. But that is as deep as I'm going into this thread, they track down hill fast and not in the mood to jump on board tonight
cool.png

-Daniel

I am going to post a warning.

Please rein in the tempers before things get out of control.

Stay on topic and keep it suitable for all ages.

The Staff is watching this thread and we will not allow an activistic thread or an argument on right or wrong.

Quote:
Murder and rape are rampant here too, ROPO..
They both have nothing to do with being gay...lol
No, i believe this law is based on silly religious beliefs.... which is very wrong.

LOL..i do agree with the spitting on the sidewalk law though... thats just nasty...
lau.gif

Last edited:
LOL! I watched the TV show "Undateable" and the thing that made me gag was the spitting! I agree with that law!!

I meant, rape and murder are considered "normal" there. Here, it's not exactly common to hear a woman crying for help and receive no assistance. There, well, I've heard horror stories from women that volunteered there for a semester. I know nothing of the African religious practices so I won't even pretend to act like I know it.

This is just me throwing out ideas there, but maybe the government is attempting to ebb the flow of AIDS (completely misguided attempts, education is the key). With the AIDS epidemic, accompanied by rape and multiple wives maybe they are afraid that homosexual men will throw caution to the wind with a bisexual man, and spread AIDS? I honestly can't figure out the reason other than what you stated, religion, but again, I do not know their religious practices.

The U.S. began with this mentality as well. They believed all homosexuals had AIDS and were the only ones who spread the disease? With education, that mentality has changed. I earnestly believe a good education course would help their government and citizens of their country.

I do agree with the AIDS problem over there..it is BAD... and being spread with no remorse. They do have ALOT of sex ed over there too... but they just arent "getting it"... they say they KNOW they have AIDS and still sleep around.. its like no big deal to alot of them, its the "norm"...
But.. again.. thats not a gay issue... its a responsibility issue... know what i mean?
I dont know...
As much as i complain about our corrupt govt..i'm glad i live here... well mostly..
lol.png

Last edited:
One of the reason Rape happens there so often is that Men are told if they have sex with a virgin then that will cure the HIV saw that on a tv documentary made me sick could not finish watching it. they need a lot of education there not sure why they have the law but I am sure they think the reasons are sound.

Quote:
Yeah, but whose responsibility is it to teach them? I concur about our government. We may gripe about the corruption, but sometimes I wonder how we would feel about our corruption had we been born in another country or if we migrated from another country (ourselves, not our ancestors).

Quote:
How can you change a law thinking like that? If every person who didnt completely agree with laws left, there wouldnt be very many people in the US.
wink.png

Not trying to start an arguement, just getting a feel for where your coming from.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom