Equal share of chores??? hubby humour

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by miss_thenorth, Apr 22, 2008.

1. miss_thenorth

miss_thenorth Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    SW Ont, Canada
    Dh is hard at work putting up horse fence. he asked me if I could replace the sod he had lifted around the fence posts. he ahd asked me to do this before, and i obliged, but didn't do it good enough for him... (ahem) . He asked me to do it again today, and i politely told him that I wouldn't do it right anyways. He goes on a rant about having to do all this work himself--yeah right!!! (is that why I have bisters?)

I went on to tell him that I had to massage a rubber egg out of a hen today.

He says--okay--I'll do this if you never ask me to do THAT or clean the horses sheaths.

Deal!

2. amystours

amystours Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2008
    Alexandria, Louisiana
    Lol....too funny!!

I told my hubby what needed to be done to our horses' sheaths, and I thought he would pass out!

Oh, BTW, I never "pull my weight" around here. All I do is go to school, work, cook, laundry and clean, especially after all the animals. So I don't do "my job" in the yard, weeding, mowing, etc. lmao

3. tx_dane_mom

tx_dane_mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2007
    SE Texas
    ok....so...being someone who has lived in texas my whole life, yet never had a horse...what do you do to a horses' sheath? or should I ask someone around here evidentally? it doesn't sound good...

4. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

I googled "horses sheaths" and found what I think is the answer to why amystours's SO had such a pale reaction to the job.

What I wonder is about wild horses and wild animals of the horse like family... who don't have a human to clean them up for them. What happens then?

5. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

tx_dane_mom: dirt and gunk builds up in between the horses penis and the sheath, you have to pretty much pull out the penis and clean it. This is usually easy because boy horsies just loooove hanging their junk all around as if everyone wants to see it XD But my first horse was a very "polite" appaloosa who would have none of that! The only times I could ever clean his sheath was when he was sedated and didn't notice, so his only got cleaned when he had to get his teeth worked on, ect. Oh, fun times [​IMG]

silkiechicken: THey can live without it being cleaned. The reason we do it is because it can get uncomfortable, and you don't want to ride a horse that isn't comfortable, they get cranky. [​IMG] It'd be sort of like clumps of dirt up your..... nevermind. [​IMG]

6. tx_dane_mom

tx_dane_mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2007
    SE Texas
    OMG! Ok...I'm sticking w/dogs...the word 'smegma' is NOT something I ever want to encounter in person PERIOD...especially in that LARGE of a dosage...i have the freakin stomach flu....I wish I was warned previously....ugh!

7. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* My DH gets annoyed if I expect him to do much of ANYTHING other than going to work to get a paycheck. He DOES walk 'MY' dog once a day, take out trash and recyc once a week, mow the lawn once a month and fold the occasional load of laundry--badly!!!

8. miss_thenorth

Dec 28, 2007
    SW Ont, Canada
    Quote:There's that, and then there is the sound that accompanies a horse when his sheath is gunky--and its nott he clippity clop of horses running on pavement. On a side note, one of my horses (young and not too good at lifting hs feet for cleaning--all I have to do is grab his penis and his hoof is in my hand.

9. d.k

d.k red-headed stepchild

* Used to like horses--THOUGHT I might like to have one. Now I have WAY too much information!!!! ~:eek:

10. miss_thenorth

Dec 28, 2007
    SW Ont, Canada
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by