Erererrrrr!!(Who invented the stupid word Cockadoodledoo anyway) from SE Alaska. A small farm manager/mom raising children,chickens and other stuff.

Hello :frow and welcome!
I am not sure how effective sulfur is on mites. I did some experiments with lice (which are meant to be easier to kill, I have read) and sulfur, totally covering them in it, and then observing them.
All I can say, is I was sadly disappointed, and they didn't seem to care at all 🤷‍♀️
Permethrin is affective though.

Hello :frow and welcome!
I am not sure how effective sulfur is on mites. I did some experiments with lice (which are meant to be easier to kill, I have read) and sulfur, totally covering them in it, and then observing them.
All I can say, is I was sadly disappointed, and they didn't seem to care at all 🤷‍♀️
Permethrin is affective though.
Thanks for the welcome. I got the sulphur idea from another poster here: PeterNaomiGray who has apparently had great success with elemental sulphur for years. Anyway I didn't have the pure elemental powdered sulphur. I did have some other pelleted garden sulphur that was part calcium. Anyway...we ground it in an old coffee grinder and my son watched the mites flee off our broodie hen's abandoned eggs when he applied it. As for Permethrin, I read that it is highly toxic to cats and fish. We have a cat and live by a wild salmon river so...Permethrin wasn't the answer for us. Thanks anyways.😊

Hi and welcome to BYC, so glad you joined! I love your thread title, and agree that most roosters' crows sound nothing like "cockadoodledoo." Sometimes when roosters crow nearby, I immediately imitate their crow, hoping they will realize how silly they sound. But i'm pretty sure they think that only my "crow" sounds silly, while theirs sounds great!😄
We call is a Bok a Doodle DONT LOL😂

Back
Top Bottom