Erm... Strange, but...

equinehugger3

Crowing
12 Years
Apr 14, 2010
Have any of you ladies hatched eggs of any sort in your bra? I'm seriously thinking about it, but I have a couple questions.
lol.png

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1825&p=1

I would think it wouldn't work because of the difference in their normal body temps and our normal body temps....plus.......people already think I'm chicken crazy...this would seal the deal!!!!!
ep.gif

it has been done before but i would assume it would be a HUGE inconveinence to the hatcher....just remember for 18-20 days your life includes an egg....EVERYTHING...it would be a major achievement but, it is only one egg!!!! Would it really be worth it???? and only certain circles you could brag about it..not exactly something you talk about to friends....you might just get a nickname like "THE CRAZY CHICKEN LADY"!!!!!!!!!! just saying...
lau.gif
gig.gif
just be real carefull when you go to hug someone...you might not like the aftermath...

Last edited:
Quote:
I suppose I'm a crazy egg lady because I have 2 hens that went broody and were sharing a clutch until they started to hatch... I lost 5 when the hens 'mothering' got the best of them. So I brought the one that seemed closet to hatching next inside and carried it around in my bra while making an incubator and picking up some supplies at Tractor supply. After I had a steady temperature going in the incubator I candled the egg to make sure it was still viable then put it and the rest of the eggs in. Yesterday morning one of the eggs had an external pip (not the one I carried in my bra incidentally...) we're still waiting for the chick to arrive...it's already made a path around the egg completely it just needs to finish the job.

When I'm determined by golly nothing is going to stop me from obtaining a goal... even something so simple as 2 hens fighting over the right to mother.

OK, time to fess up... I didn't carry the egg, I had an incubator load of eggs, and only one hatched. So my little polly spent the next few weeks in my bra. Has to be a sports bra, no pokey wires and such. There is just such an inviting warm spot to keep chicks inside there. I went to work, and all over with her in there. No tennis matches or anything like that. She grew up to be an amazing house chicken, and just recently died of cancer. Yes, it can be done.....

Back
Top Bottom